Icelandair exhibits revenue of USD 13.7 million in Q2 – Highest since 2016.
- EBIT of USD 20.9 million, up by USD 19.6 million year-on-year.
- EBIT ratio 5%, bettering by 4.7 proportion factors between years.
Revenue of USD 13.7 million in comparison with USD 3.8 million in Q2 final 12 months.
- File working earnings of USD 414.2 million, growing by 26% year-on-year
- File Q2 unit income (RASK) of 8.6 US cents, growing by 8% year-on-year
- Leasing income up 41% year-on-year leading to sturdy protability.
- Capability elevated by 17% year-on-year within the passenger community 2 million passengers carried; 19% greater than in Q2 final 12 months.
- Load issue of 83.6%, particularly sturdy demand on North American routes Sturdy working money ow leading to highest ever liquidity place of USD 521.2 million.
- Ahead bookings for the following six months sturdy and above final 12 months.
Bogi Nils Bogason, President & CEO stated: “Because of the excellent work of our staff, we’re proud to ship the strongest ends in the second quarter since 2016. Reaching a prot of USD 13.7 million was pushed by document passenger income, traditionally excessive load issue, and improved yields in all our markets. Decrease gasoline prices as a result of efciency of the Boeing 737 MAX plane and decrease gasoline costs additionally contributed positively to the outcomes. As well as, our leasing enterprise continued to carry out very properly and ship sturdy protability.
Delays in upkeep tasks and implementation of plane led to plane scarcity which we addressed by leasing extra plane in June to make sure the reliability of our bold ight schedule. This led to one-off prices that negatively impacted the Q2 outcomes. Our cargo operation remained difficult, however we rmly imagine that we’ll flip it round throughout the subsequent few months with our sturdy give attention to restoring protability. Bearing this in thoughts, the Q2 outcomes exhibit a powerful underlying nancial efficiency and provides us nice condence for the long run.
All in all, the rst six months of the 12 months have been eventful as we’ve ready for our largest ight schedule but in the case of the variety of locations and frequency of ights. We launched ve new locations, applied six new plane, carried 1.8 million passengers and recruited and educated virtually 1,200 staff.
The prospects for the second half of the 12 months stay favorable with continued sturdy bookings, significantly from North America. Demand for ights to and from Iceland has been sturdy over the previous months. Capability via Keavik airport has additionally elevated sharply to twenty% above pre-Covid ranges this summer time and much more into subsequent winter. This improvement is predicted to affect yields and income development in some markets within the second half of the 12 months. Nonetheless, we’re properly geared up to adapt to market circumstances at any given time with our helpful infrastructure, very sturdy liquidity, and wonderful workforce of staff. Our EBIT margin forecast for the complete 12 months stays unchanged within the 4-6% vary and we subsequently anticipate to ship internet prot for the complete 12 months of 2023.”